Agrostroj Pelhřimov from Barlows Agri Limited
Barlows Agri Ltd are the sole importers of the Agrostroj range of drum mowers, mulchers and manure spreaders to the UK.
Barlows dates back to around 1890 when Joseph Barlow moved to Macclesfield to start a business as a ‘threshing machine proprietor’. As the business grew, Joseph’s son Harold joined the business and then in time, Harry (Harold’s son) joined in the late 1930s, by which time the business had moved onto using tractors for the threshing rather than steam engines. In 1954 Harry Barlow moved the business to Pump House Works (Henbury).
Once the downturn in contracting around this time was thrust upon the economy (due to affordable farm machinery becoming available), Harry began to use his knowledge in repairing his own machinery to carry out repairs to local farmers and also to supply the tractors and machinery.
Since then the business has grown into a successful agricultural machinery dealer and supplier and remains a family business, with Alan and Sally Barlow as the Directors, James Barlow as the Managing Director and operates from our new purpose built depot at Marton, near Macclesfield in Cheshire.
Yew Tree House, Marton, Cheshire, SK11 9JH | Company Number 03491090 | VAT Number GB 157 3255 61